Just a quick update. Today I built the linear CCD circuit on breadboard, more or less following the Application Circuit provided in the ilx508 datasheet.
Everything went according to plan except for the reel of SMD transistors decided to jump out of the anti-static bag into a half-a-meter deep vent on the ground when I opened the bag. I ended up spending a significant amount of time trying to get my transistors back poking the vent with a wooden stick.
You may tell there is one wire missing, but I expect to fix it next time when I get back to the lab. I’ll also try to power on the CCD, hook it up to my Teensy, and probe the output with a scope next week. Hopefully I won’t get any magic smoke.